Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I've arrived!



I just arrived on Monday. I'm happy to say that my luggage did too. We were getting off the plain in Adis Ababa when my connecting flight was suppose to be taking off. Thanks to a large Malawian school group that had traveled to Italy, they held the plane for us and our luggage. Phew! I thought I might have to wear the same outfit for a few days. I'll pack a change of clothes in my luggage from now on. They drive on the left side of the road here in Malawi. I need to get my phone unlocked so I can use it here, I now have Kwacha (money), and I have not yet started my research. Stacia and Kristof's house is amazing. I got the tour of the gardens yesterday. So far so good. Probably this is not fascinating, but you might be interested to know that I made it safe and things are good... there you have it. I'll try to make the next entry fascinating.

2 comments:

Shelly Karren said...

Glad to hear you're safe and sound. About the phone-that might be expensive-I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. Can't wait to see what your world looks like in Malawi!

Tyler said...

Hey Janae!
We're so glad to hear from you and that you arrived there safe! Can't wait to hear more from you.
Love Danielle, Brett, and Tyler